Training New Dental Administrators In Your Dental Practice
Training new dental administrators can be truly rewarding! And every dental practice is unique. So it makes sense to train someone with no prior experience. Because there is often less confusion. Especially in how you want to do things. However, you do want to have a great training plan in place. Where do you start?
Start training new dental administrators by plugging them in right here! If you are a new dental administrator looking for help. Or if you are training a new dental administrator, you have help here. Take what you need. And simply customize it to suit your practice. My Dental Front Office Membership includes a recommended training schedule for you! As well as a welcome letter. Both of these items can be downloaded with your purchase of a Dental Front Office Membership. And guide you through the resources and materials within your membership to provide you and your team with a solid plan!
Training New Dental Administrators: Create A Detailed Job Description
Create a detailed job description. Maybe, I should say, an extremely detailed job description! A detailed job description will help in every way! And, the job description can be used when placing an ad. Also use it to interview applicants. And to make sure that all tasks are completed.
Here is an example. Of course you will want to adjust your detailed job description to suit your practice needs!
Dental Administrative Job Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- greet patients
- register new patients
- help new patients complete forms
- collect patient photo ID & insurance
- verify and update patient information
- inform patients of dental office policies & procedures
- enter all patient data into computer
- answer and manage all incoming calls
- respond to all requests for information
- schedule patient appointments
- inform patients of treatment costs & financing options
- confirm all appointments 2 days ahead
- check daily appointment schedule for productivity
- fill in short notice rescheduled – no open appointment times
- arrange referrals to specialists
- track lab cases
- collect payments from patients at appointment times
- patient billing statements
- send dental claims with needed x-rays & documentation
- track & follow up on outstanding insurance claims
- patient collection management
- monthly reports & statistic management
- sort incoming mail & distribute
- post outgoing mail
- enter all payments received by mail
- maintain a professional reception area
That’s a lot of responsibility! Yes, indeed!! The dental administrative professional is much more than a dental receptionist! I believe the dental administrative team member is the most important piece of every dental team!
Training New Dental Administrators: The Main Thing!
Put customer service training first! It has been said that kindness overcomes a multitude of sins. And new team members make mistakes. Superior customer service covers that. Patients are more likely to forgive when treated with kindness.
Notice the first item in the job description. Greet patients is the first item listed. And all tasks are important. But take the time to show your new team member how to greet patients. Tell new team members to show warmth and excitement. Maybe to stand and extend a hand. Introduce themselves and be friendly.
Allow other team members to lead by example. Pick the team member with the best customer service attitude. Allow that person to show your new team member the way. We all pick up on cultural cues from those around us. This will help so much. And there are examples of superior customer service in each of my systems.
Dental Front Office Training Here
Membership is the beginning! And your membership never needs renewal. Download e-books that include customer service and reception management. As well as telephone management and even the most common dental patient conversations with a scripted response! Watch and listen to training videos. And even work through a self-propelled on-line course system by system!
Not sure where to begin? Or perhaps you would like some assistance with your dental administrative training? We can do that too! In fact, we can customize a training experience just for you and your team. I’m here for you!
Contact me with any questions! I am happy to help you with any training or support you want for your dental front office.