Dental Office Phone Calls Categorized
Dental office phone calls come into our practice from patients in just five types. Think about that for just a moment. Because once we know this, our phone management has more potential. And we can even breathe a little easier. Because we now know what to expect. And when we know what to expect, we can better prepare. Here’s the list of the 5 types of patient calls we receive each day:
- New Patient With A Dental Emergency
- New Patient Who Wants A Hygiene Appointment
- The Dental Shopper
- Patient Rescheduling An Appointment
- Patient With A Financial or Clinical Question
That’s the list in a nutshell! So, how do we now prepare? And why do we want to? Because we want to get each and every call right! Because every phone call matters in our dental office day. We truly want to provide the patient care we can. And of course, we want to have the very best possible day we can. So, to best prepare for our expected calls, we script those calls!
Create Your Patients’ Best Dental Experience!
Put my training and expertise to work for you! Raise your level of patient care and each patient’s absolute love for you as well as the entire team! I’ve got some powerful tips waiting for you inside my telephone training on-line, self-propelled course.
Dental Office Phone Call Questions
Now I’m going to ask 5 questions about your dental office phone calls? Are you ready? Because these are important questions. Here they are!
- Is every single phone call within your practice answered promptly?
- How many rings do you consider “acceptable” ?
- How do you manage the “Please Hold” phrase and action?
- Do calls ever roll over to voicemail during business hours?
- When is your busiest phone time?
Hopefully, you have the answers for each question and took the time to think about them. And maybe, you’ve thought there is definitely an area where we can improve this. Or maybe you just don’t really know the answers, but you might like to! Great!! Either way, let’s get your dental practice the help you need and your patients deserve!
Dental Office Phone Training Basics
Absolutely everyone on the dental team deserves phone training. And this is a basic starting point for every member of the team. Because we just don’t know how anyone is going to answer the phones. Until they are there. We can take all of the surprise and/or shock out of this for everyone. And it doesn’t have to be a long, painful process. My on-line dental office phone training course can be accessed repeatedly and as many times as you like.
Dental Office Phone Calls Outlined
Here are just a few tips to help you keep your ringing phones in check. We really do well to remember some things as we head into each day. Our dental office phones are so very important. These ringing phones definitely deserve our attention. Our patients are on the other end!
- Take Notes – Have a notepad handy each day. And be sure to write the weekday and the date at the top. Start fresh each day.
- Make Appointments – That’s the goal. When patients call with questions or concerns, get them on the schedule & check family members too!
- Smile! – Patients can hear it. : )
- Train The Entire Team – Although we want the Dental Front Desk Team to answer most calls – everyone must be ready and able!
- Extend FREE Consultations rather than quotes over the phone.
- Automate Whatever Can Be Automated! Free up those phones wherever you can.